st. Gotthard

Friday, April 27, 2007

Jesenice - Oberdrauburg


This tour I started directly from home. It was not something I am used to, so I missed two early trains to Jesenice (the starting point in Slovenia). By the time I started cycling it was practically noon. The eastern wind was helping me - from the Italian border on I was just coasting effortlessly and everything seemed ridiculously easy. There was a price to pay for it after 60 km - with the start of passo del Pramollo (Nassfeldpass). A real pass of 13 km and at the altitude of 1500 m it felt pretty cold. There were few tunnels too, one of them I cycled in total darkness. The roads I took in Austria were rather narrow and I was a bit nervous with all this traffic moving past me. After another smaller Plockenpass I came to Oberdrauburg and found a nice pension. I couldn't fall asleep for long - probably the Grossglockner was haunting me.

Day 1: 126km, 6h 15min

2 Comments:

  • I like how you've replaced your rear rack with a piece of string.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 2, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

  • Well, it can't be seen in the picture, but there is a bottle cage attached to the seatpost and the bag is partly supported by it. It could be done with just a string in an emergency.

    By Blogger iik, At May 4, 2007 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home